Light meringue pavlovas are made crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside for a sweet and airy dessert. Top with peach and ginger filling and a dollop of whipped cream for a classic Southern twist.
13 egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
3 3/4 cups superfine sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tbsp Musselmann's® White Distilled Vinegar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
6 cups Lucky Leaf® Premium Peach Fruit Filling
1 1/2 cups chopped crystallized ginger
4 cups 35% heavy cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Using stand mixer set on medium-low speed, whip egg whites and salt until foamy; add cream of tartar. Increase speed to high; whip until soft peaks start to form. Gradually add superfine sugar, beating until glossy stiff peaks form. Sift cornstarch evenly over top; fold in vinegar and vanilla.
2. On parchment paper–lined baking sheets, spoon twenty-four 1/3 cup portions of meringue into 4-inch rounds at least 2 inches apart; make 1/2-inch deep well in center of each round.
3. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until outside is crisp and dry. Turn off oven; let stand for 1 hour. Remove from oven. Let cool completely.
4. Meanwhile, stir together Lucky Leaf® Premium Peach Fruit Filling and crystallized ginger. Set aside.
5. Using stand mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form; stir in icing sugar, ground ginger, almond extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
6. Just before serving, top each pavlova with 1/4 cup whipped cream and 1/4 cup peach mixture.
• Garnish with sliced almonds, chopped pecans, fresh raspberries or a sprig of mint.
• Spike peach topping with a splash of bourbon.