3 lb elbow pasta (8 lb cooked)
1/2 cup butter
12 large shallots, 4 cups diced
6 stalks celery, 2 cups diced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh thyme
1 tbsp salt
4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
4 cups Musselmans® Premium Blend Apple Sauce
1/2 cup Musselmans® Premium Apple Butter
3 cups finely crumbled goat cheese
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
1 tbsp pepper
3 cups toasted chopped walnuts
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large pot or tilt skillet set over medium heat; cook shallots, celery, thyme and salt for 8 to 10 minutes or until softened.
3. Stir in broth, Musselmans® Premium Blend Apple Sauce and Musselmans® Premium Apple Butter; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced slightly. Toss in pasta and the remaining pasta water until pasta is well coated with sauce. Remove from heat. Stir in goat cheese, lemon juice, sage, pepper and cayenne.
4. Per serving: Spoon 1 cup into bowl. Sprinkle 2 tbsp walnuts and 1 tsp parsley over top.
• Toss in baby arugula if desired.
• Substitute fennel for celery.