Chefs and Operators Increase Breakfast and Snacking Profit Potential with Knouse Foods
Peach Glen, PA – Knouse Foods, a grower-owned cooperative, highlights how foodservice professionals can increase profit potential with breakfast and snacking dayparts. According to The NPD Group, 60 percent of restaurant growth over the past five years has come from breakfast sales and the rest from snack periods. Knouse Foods' products and recipes help chefs and operators easily expand their menu and boost incremental sales by capturing this rising trend.
According to a recent Packaged Facts report, 2010 breakfast sales reached $37 billion and are expected to continue to grow. Extending breakfast times and adding convenient and affordable offerings that customers can grab on the go are leading ways to improve traffic. Foodservice professionals can appeal to customers' demands for more morning meal options and portable snacks with these Knouse Foods recipe ideas:
- Maple Sausage, Apple, and Sweet Onion Brunch Tart: Combining apple pie filling, sausage and onion with maple syrup makes this recipe versatile and delicious. Serve for breakfast or brunch.
- Blueberry Shortbread: A sweet treat; blueberry pie filling is layered between shortbread creating a simple snack, perfect to-go.
- Blue Eyes Wrap: This hearty breakfast option includes Lucky Leaf® Queso Blanco™ cheese sauce, blue cheese, ham, tomato, green pepper, bacon and scrambled eggs folded into a flour tortilla, completely portable.
- Cherry Turnover: Biscuits are a leading breakfast ingredient and this classic includes cherry pie filling, enhancing flavor and texture.
Additionally, chefs and operators can enhance existing breakfast items and introduce new snack foods with these ready-made Musselman's® and Lucky Leaf® products:
- Queso Blanco™ Cheese Sauce: Add global appeal to your menu and meet demand for more ethnic-inspired breakfast items with this delicious cheese sauce.
- Fruit Pie Fillings: Enhance popular breakfast and snack items like pancakes, french toast, waffles, pastries and more.
- Healthy Picks® Apple Sauce: Made with antioxidant-rich "superfruits," it's an ideal way to meet customers' desires for more good-for-you options. Also counts as a daily fruit serving.
- Natural Apple Sauce Single Serve Cups: Great as a side dish or on its own, our portion-controlled apple sauce provides a wholesome, on the go option for adults and kids.
Todd Michael, Director of Food Service Sales for Knouse Foods said, "As a provider to the foodservice industry, Knouse Foods' products are developed to expand to different dayparts and fit perfectly with breakfast and snacking trends, providing chefs, operators and customers with affordable and convenient meal solutions."